About Me

My photo
Childress, Texas
My name is Brant Bowman and I'm a senior at Childress High School. I play football, basketball and baseball. I've got 2 little brothers, one in high school with me and the other in elementary. I've also got the greatest girlfriend I could ever hope for.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Bonfire!

Your senior bonfire is something you look forward to all four years of your high school career. I never have really cared much, and in till this year I couldn't have cared less about the bonfire. Even me the guy thats never put a stick into the bonfire that past few years looked forward to going to my senior bonfire. Your senior bonfire (to football players anyway) is equivalent if not more important than your senior prom.

This is, in my opinion, just another way people in the generation above us (with some exceptions) think that they're making the world better by taking away privileges from the youth because they're so sure we're gunna screw it up or make the wrong decision. Because a few people are stupid enough to to mess around in the still smoldering ashes of a bonfire doesn't mean they should all be totally outlawed. More people die from tobacco than from bonfires, so why not outlaw that? What about driving? This is sort of how they took our hour long lunches from us last year. A few students were doing things they shouldn't have been and so what do they do? They punish everybody by taking our lunches, and then they say "well you still have 40 minutes. Ha thats a joke! try 35 minutes, and when it takes 10 to get outta the parking lot and 15 more waiting on food. That makes abouta 10 minute lunch brake. Those people that screw it up for the rest of us usually aren't going to say "well no bonfires so I guess I won't play with fire" or "only 10 minutes left of lunch, I guess I won't get stoned before I go back to school."

2 comments:

SalvadorArcivarDeLaVega said...

DANG BRANT! Well @*%$#& said. Amen. Take that CISD!

SalvadorArcivarDeLaVega said...

BRANT! This is sooo krunk! I think someone with authority in this town needs to read this...it would be interesting to see what they have to say about it!

By the way...this is April! :)